Lars Fischer has been at NORDUnet since 2004. Before joining NORDUnet he spent 10 years in the Internet & Telecoms industry as technical director at Tele2 and COLT Telecom. Previous to this, Lars did research in programming systems and collaborative computing environments. While in research, Lars helped establish network infrastructure at Danish academic institutions and establish early research and education networks. Lars has worked with advanced networking and computing systems as a programmer, systems administrator, researcher, and manager for the past 25 years.
At NORDUnet he is responsible for:
- Driving development initiatives and projects
- NORDUnet participation in European projects and initiatives, such as GN3, GN3+, MANTYCHORE, and NEXPReS
- Relationships with European NRENs and the European networking community
- Coordinating Nordic e-Infrastructure initiatives in collaboration with Nordic partners
- Working with Nordic advanced users of e-Infrastructure
- GRID and high performance computing
Lars is engaged in international collaborations such as GÃ‰ANT, TERENA, GLIF, LHCOPN, LHCONE, Lars is co-chair of the GLIF Tech working group, has served for many years on the NORDUnet conference program committee, and is past chair of the TERENA Networking Conference program committee.